On Thu, 03 Apr 2008 19:21:42 +0200, Charles <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
With all due respect: the mission of the WWW Corporation is to
create standards, not to create situations.

Not to speak for Robert, but I'm guessing that his point is that the W3C isn't creating a standard here.

Note that this isn't a W3C list, but a WHATWG list. They are distinct entities.

My understanding is that the goal is to "bless" some combination of existing video, audio and container format standards.

Correct. We're not planning on creating yet another video format. (The kind of video you make with camcorders, to be clear, given that animation in HTML has come up elsewhere.)

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>