Ian Hickson wrote:
On Mon, 6 Jul 2009, Charles Pritchard wrote:
This is on the list of things to consider in a future version. At this point I don't really want to add new features yet because otherwise we'll never get the browser vendors caught up to implementing the same spec. :-)
Consider a programmable <audio> element as a priority.

Could you elaborate on what your use cases are? Is it just the ability to manually decode audio tracks?
Some users could manually decode a Vorbis audio stream.

I'm interested in altering pitch and pre-mixing channels.
I believe some of these things are explored in CSS already.

There are accessibility cases, for the visually impaired,
and I think that they will be better explored.

-Charles