On Feb 4, 2010, at 1:55 AM, Robert O'Callahan wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 6:50 PM, Brian Campbell <lam...@continuation.org>
> wrote:
> I think the most reasonable approach would be to say that the
> getBoundingClientRect().width or height is rounded to the nearest pixel.
> Boxes are displayed rounded to the nearest pixel, with no fractional pixels
> being drawn, right?
>
> No.

In what cases are fractional pixels drawn? I see fractional widths being
returned here, but it seems to be drawing rounded to the nearest pixel:

http://ephemera.continuation.org/percentage-width.html

> Why would they report a width or height that is different than how they are
> displayed? All browsers that I've tested (the ones listed above, so not IE)
> report integral values for getBoundingClientRect().width and height (or for
> left and right in the case of Opera, which doesn't support width and height).
>
> Firefox often returns non-integral values for getBoundingClientRect().width
> or height.

Sorry, I meant to write "but Firefox", but somehow missed that. Safari, Chrome,
and Opera all return values rounded to the nearest pixel.

-- Brian