On 1/02/2014 10:01 pm, Dirk Schulze wrote:
Could you be more specific about that? It is not just the first title
element in the document, but the first direct child of the element
root.

That is what the spec says but that is not what implementations do.

A title nested in a group or graphical element has a different
meaning and shall not be used as title. If there is a nested title
element but no direct title child of the SVG root, then the document
has no title. This distinction is important for accessibility.

Sure. I'd be happy with keeping the special SVG behaviour here too. Ian, if you still would prefer a hook in the SVG spec for you to refer to, rather than including this behaviour -- first <title> child of the document element -- then I can define for example "SVG title element" that represents that element.