On 2/2/17 2:28 PM, fantasai wrote:
On 02/02/2017 01:18 PM, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
OK, so if I have a flex container with two kids, a run-in and a block,
do I get one flex item or two flex items and why?  And
did that require any thought about interactions?

You get two flex items, because being in a flex container overrides the
outer display type of an element:
  https://www.w3.org/TR/css-flexbox-1/#flex-items

In other words, the run-in/inline/block distinction is ignored within a
flex container.

Sure, but my point wasn't whether the behavior is _defined_. It's that defining it requires thinking about the various cases, and having run-in makes for more cases to think about.

-Boris