Hi,

This is a follow-up on the thread of a few days ago (can't reply since I'm
just subscribed) where Andrei wrote (
http://markmail.org/message/kbwopyh6zk572dgz):

The following patch could also be useful to you:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WHIRR-334
>
> There is still a service start race condition that we need to address
> before committing (e.g. the HBase region server does not start if HDFS is
> not available).

I'm very much interested in seeing CDH Hadoop & HBase work with Whirr.

Is there anyone already working on making WHIRR-221 (order of starting
services) compatible with trunk? If not, I would (try to) look into that.

Also, should the region server startup issue hold back WHIRR-334 from being
applied? With the patch applied, it completes the configuration phase
without errors, which seems already a huge improvement to me.

Thanks,

Bruno.

--
Bruno Dumon