Dear Jean-Christophe and Friends,

thanks for your answer. So you avoid inconsistent use of equality for records
with ghost fields by preventing its usage in regular code. (I have still to
understand the meaning of the ‘pure’ attribute). But in my case, ‘set_1000' was
used in regular code, with mappings on an abstract type, which I thnk you do
not like too !! (since that abstract type could be a record with ghost fields).

Therefore :

1- I should use mappings on concrete scalar types (int, bool) [btw I have also
a strange error - see below with bool]

2- I cannot use the ’set’ function of the mappings library when my ‘set_1000’
is used in regular code :-( !

Cheers, -JJ-

ps/ similar problem with equality in why3.1.2.0 ?
--------------------------------
module BBB

  use int.Int
  use list.List

type abc = bool

let rec split (x : abc) (s: list abc) : (list abc, list abc) =
variant {s}
  match s with
  | Nil -> (Nil, Nil)
  | Cons y s' -> if x = y then (Cons x Nil, s') else
       let (s1', s2) = split x s' in
        ((Cons y s1'), s2)
  end

end
hos $ why3 execute bbb.mlw
File "bbb.mlw", line 12, characters 20-21:
This expression has type bool, but is expected to have type int