hrm, i dont see how this can happen.

once an id is created for a component that component keeps it for its entire
lifetime - it is cached in the component's metadata.

the counter is also nontransient so it keeps its value as long as the page
is alive.

can you recreate it using wicket tester?

-igor

On 12/7/06, Jean-Baptiste Quenot <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

* Igor Vaynberg:

> define  "reliably". markupid  should never  be used  by anything
> other then wicket - we  have never guaranteed its stability. did
> you ever create the rfe to  have the id migrated when components
> are replaced? that  is the only usecase i can  think of where we
> need to worry about the id being stable so that ajax works.

Let me rephrase.  There are two problems with the autoincrement
ids:

1) AjaxTarget.addComponent(c) needs to be called as
   AjaxTarget.addComponent(c, c.getMarkupId()) That doesn't worry me
   so much that's why I didn't file a JIRA issue.

But I'm more worried by a second problem:

2) When reloading a page by submitting a form without issuing a
   setResponsePage() the markupIds of the existing components are
   reset to 0.  I use the markup id in
   getBodyContainer().addOnLoadModifier() to place the components in
   the page dynamically.
--
     Jean-Baptiste Quenot
aka  John Banana   Qwerty