fine. you dont use maven, but we do. why should we spend extra time
packaging things in a zip, blah, blah when they are easily available to you
from the maven repo?

http://wicketstuff.org/maven/repository/org/apache/wicket/wicket/1.3-incubating-SNAPSHOT/

http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/pub/mirrors/maven2/wicket/wicket/1.2.4/

rather then downloading a zip that has everything, just download the parts
that you need

-igor

On 1/23/07, Erik van Oosten <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Martijn Dashorst wrote:
> Other peops than core devs please voice your opinion. The
> distributions are made for you.
> - split zips into source and binary distributions, going with the
> default maven assemblies
+1

> - remove site docs from distributions, only include a readme, the
> docs can be found online (http://cwiki.apache.org/WICKETxSITE)
+1

> - create one wicket-all zip with all wicket jars
+0

> - add source-jar/javadoc-jar to the zips (currently left out)
+10
I don't like maven (even though I use it from time to time), and I am
sure not going to let Maven touch my Eclipse files. Perhaps in 3 years
time.

> Questions:
> - do we need to support ant builds for the source distribution?
Not for me.

> - do we need to supply all dependencies in the source and/or binary
> distribution
You could make it optional. Spring does this and at times I have found
this very convenient.

Regards,
     Erik.

--