i also like the idea that you have one html file, X number of property files and then at load time of the markup file for a specific locale the property file for that locale is merged in to the html. And that html is stored for that locale in the cache.
At least i think tht is the complete idea?

What does juergen say about this? Shouldn't be to hard to implement i think.

Matej Knopp wrote:
Hi.

I've made a demo showing internationalization using only one html file (instead of one for each language) with syntax like

$(prefix=Page1)
   $(foo.bar)

and property files containg the strings that looks like this
Page1.foo.bar = Foo Bar String

I think it's quite handy and I would be nice if wicket had something like this by default.

source code: http://knopp.sk/WicketI18N-src.zip
war: http://knopp.sk/WicketI18N.war

(It's a modified form input example. I've removed the graphic buttons and made a classic submit button instead to demonstrate, that it's also possible to translate tag attributes.)

-Matej