I don't agree with wicket-contrib-data being obsolete. What happened
is that I created some basic Hibernate support classes last year, and
that other people commented that they didn't like them so much, and
wanted to add alternatives. From there it grew into the bunch a quasi
related classes it is now. I still think classes like
HibernateObjectModel are pretty useable. You may argue about how
elegant the choices as hibernate session delegate etc are, and you may
even argue that it is not best practice to bind to Hibernate in your
view layer. But not every project has to display the perfect
seperation of (service) layers and these classes gives users the
opportunity to go for a more RAD approach. Depending on how much Phil
(and did other people work on that project?) wants to keep, we could
do a clean-up and keep only the classes we still think are usuable.

We don't have to promote the project as best practices, but saying
it's obsolete goes a bit too far.