that's not what i mean

Should youre SubmitLink do the normal validation of the form? Is it a normal submit?
I think so.

But my other example the onChange on a drop down. If that one is triggered it is not a normal submit
The form shouldn't do anything, so defaultFormProcessing == false but where is that boolean? It is not a button that is called

So i think by default when the hidden input field of the form where the event that must be called is in is filled
then the form will not validate it self, so it behaves as a defaultFormProcessing == false button.
If you want to do a real submit then we should make it easy to call Form.process() or something.

johan

On 11/21/05, Christian Essl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Will check youre code out. i hope this week.
>
> The problem now is that now always should the form completely be
> processed
> and other times is should
> for example a Submit Link should i think process the form. But a onChange
> listener on a DropDownChoice shouldn't
> That last one shouldn't be a real submit with validation. Just a submit
> keep the current editting values.

Maybe I don't understand you right.

However I think currently you can use a JSButton with
defaultFormProcessing = false. JSButton is a server-only component. It
does not get rendered in html and it is only there to receive onSubmit()
notificatons. It can be triggered with the script gotten from
JSButton.getTriggerJavaScript() ie by the DrowDownChoice-onClick.

Christian

--
Christian Essl