I would like to put it a bit differently. Actually I think wicket is
more MVC than frameworks like struts are because we have the MVC at
the level of components instead of requests.

But to answer your question: yes it is a good idea to have such a
framework, even if you want to make authorization part of the model
layer. The mechanism we built in gives you a guaranteed mechanism to
plug in your authorization (in your case, like at Component.ENABLE),
and gives you the possibility to handle authorization exceptions at
the UI layer (because besides denying actions, you generally want to
communicate the denial in some way). So that works even in your case.
Furthermore I don't agree with the statement that it should be done in
the model. We are building a generic framework, so as much as we can,
we should enable users to decide on this themselves. And I think a lot
of times, authorization actually is more related to end-user
functionality that has a 1-1 relationship with the UI than it is with
the model layer. But... opinions differ and that's why we just try to
provide a generic framework.