Isn't what you describe just a rename of PageMap?
So PageMap is Window ?

Well, for starters, I think having the proper naming makes a huge
difference in how you think about it and how people understand how it
is supposed to work. Furthermore, I'm proposing an explicit
composition of these things in the session itself, instead of
indirectly as it is now (currently, page maps are stored as session
attributes). So, it'll have a rather big impact on the API and
potentially on how people will use it.

INewBrowserWindowListener can be moved ot wicket.markup.html

it is pretty much a internal listener inteface anyway.. It could be an
internally scoped interface ...
But we can't make it package scope or something because some classes do need
it

Yeah. It's not that it gives me sleepless nights or something... I
just think refering to browsers is not ultimately generalized.