Ok, I loosened it up a bit.

Well, as already written I'm using a custom feedback messages model to be able
to mix in static messages:

>protected FeedbackMessagesModel newFeedbackMessagesModel() {
>  return new FeedbackMessagesModel(newFilter()) {
>    protected List processMessages(List messages) {
>      messages.addAll(getStaticMessages());
>      return messages;
>    }
>  };
>}

The following comment in FeedbackMessagesModel suggests such usage (emphasis
mine):

// Let subclass do any extra processing it wants to on the messages.
// It may want to do something special, such as removing a given
// message under some special condition or perhaps eliminate
// duplicate messages. It could even *add a message under certain
// conditions*.

In getStaticMessages() I want to create a FeedbackMessage via its (hopefully)
public constructor.

Regretfully there seems to be no other way to something similar. Adding
messages in onBeginRequest() to a componentn (which I would have preferred) is
too late, as already discussed on this list.

Sven

------------------------------

whoops, looks like i didnt clean up as well as i thought i did. sessionStored
stuff is now all gone.

what exactly is your usecase that you have to create feedbackmessage objects
yourself? why not call any of the given info/warn/whatever methods on a
component or session?

-Igor

On 5/2/06, Sven Meier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:Thanks, but one additional
thing:

To be able to mix in some special messages, I want to construct
FeedbackMessages on my own.
But the FeedbackMessage constructor is package protected :(.

Any chance that the modifier could be changed to public?

BTW what's the 'sessionStored' property meant for - I didn't find a
reference to it and it's a little bit odd as a constructor argument.

Sven

Eelco Hillenius wrote:

>Done.
>
>Eelco
>

>On 4/28/06, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

>>I want to override FeedbackMessagesModel.processMessages() to be able to add
special messages. This seems to be one of its intended usages according to the
javadoc.