i launched eclipse, installed all the projects in eclipse with new->new
project
most packages compiled but some needed extra *.jars
Once all needed jars were installed all compiled.

we ship eclipse project files with all our projects that are ready to go so why would you set up the project yourself?

2. unable to launch wicket-spring-examples-1.2-rc3 becauuse class path
resource [applicationContext.xml] cannot be opened because it does not exist
java.io.FileNotFoundException: class path resource [applicationContext.xml]
cannot be opened because it does not exist
3. unable to launch wicket-spring for the same reason as 2 above

both 2 and 3 are because you did not correctly setup the project. you did not add src/main/resources folder to the buildpath so applicationContext.xml was never copied to where it was supposed to be.

what you have to understand is that we use maven 2 as a build tool. this allows users to very easily setup any project they want in a generic way.

you can download wicket, run mvn eclipse:eclipse and let maven find and download all the necessary jars and setup all the necessary source folders for the eclipse project.

-Igor