Hi,
 I'm not sure of the exact issue there, but on the other hand, as
it'll cost if we exceed the bandwidth, I'm not really sure that I want
to encourage the practice of periodically auto-downloading the Wiki...

 It might be that this product uses HEAD requests to check if the
download's needed but even so, spiders/robots aren't particularly web
suited to wiki's, as there are too many links that they'll follow that
are not relevent.  I looked at the product's web site, but the focus
is (as expected) on downloading the site's quickly rather than on
minimising the bandwidth used, so can't tell exactly what it does...

 Anyway, the best way to see the changes is the "Recent Changes",
which is available either as a HTML page
(http://www.wicket-wiki.org.uk/wiki/index.php/Special:Recentchanges)
or as Rss & Atom feeds
(http://www.wicket-wiki.org.uk/wiki/index.php?title=Special:Recentchanges&feed=rss
and