I need some help with the following scenario.

I have a form and when a user is halfway through it, there is a button which leads to another page. The user enters values in that second page and then goes back to the first one. The user should be allowed to continue entering values and the original entered values should be preserved. What's the best way to implement such a scenario? If I use submit button with default form processing than validation fails, if I disable default form processing than my model is not populated (which is correct, because it can be inconsistent because the form was not completely filled out before user was redirected to another page).

Thank you,
Alex