From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of Nino Wael
Sent:   Thu 06-07-2006 14:01
To:     wicket-user@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject:        Creating a component / dynamic casting / implicit casting

Hi

Im currently working on a component that consists of a dropdown list and two
listbox's, lb1 and lb2. This is pretty simple to do. My issue isnt really a
wicket one, but I guess it has relevance since this is something I need to
solve to create my component.

The hard part is that the contents of lb1 depends of the contents of the
dropdown. So I looked towards java.lang.reflect(Reflection), wich lets me
define a certain method to use.

my constructor looks something like this

dualForm_form(String id, ItemContainer drop, List DropList, ItemContainer
myCont,       Class myProvider, String sMethod)

The things that regards reflect are these:
 myProvider, which is the class that I need to call
 sMethod, which is the name of the method that I need to call
To keep stuff simple lets just assume that method bla only takes one parameter,
the one which is provided by the onselectionchange method of my dropdown.

The above things are fine. But I also need to provide an instanciated object of
the Class myProvider. I thought that I would use the class Object to carry the
object. But calling reflect gives an error that the method defined in sMethed
does not exist, I guess this is because reflection is looking in the object
Class and not the true class which carries the method? What should I do instead?

As said earlier, this has nothing to do with wicket, but is very interresting
when creating components that needs to update themselfes.

-Regards Nino

<<winmail.dat>>