another key reason for list is that the index of the list is used as a primary key to identify the right item on callbacks.

-Igor

On 7/17/06, Aaron Hiniker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Yes, a List implement that filters on the fly would avoid the copy, but probably incur greater performance hits than a single List copy (due to the "Linked List" nature of the filtering).  The current ListView implementation only works on lists.. rightfully so because you can extract the active window via get() calls and provide pagination.  On that note, I agree that for ListView, the accept() is not a good candidate.. but I also feel that there is a void in not having a component that *doesn't* paginate.. like a CollectionView.. that visits each element in the list with easy filtering capabilities (in fact 90% of the time I am using ListView I am not using pagination).   If I get ambitious enough to write it, I'll submit it for consideration into wicket-extensions

Aaron