* Igor Vaynberg:
> this is not a requiremenet of wicket per se but that of the servlet
> containers. anything you keep in http session must be serializable. since
> wicket keeps most of its entities in session they must be serializable.

I understand this for a session because it can be made persistent
across restarts, but what about Application's metadata:

  Application.setMetaData(MetaDataKey key, java.io.Serializable object)

Why do we need Serializable here?

BTW I use Application.setMetaData() to pass Spring beans to the
Page.  Are MetaData suitable for that kind of purpose?

And about the Wicket-Spring extension, is there a documentation
available?
--
     Jean-Baptiste Quenot
aka  John Banana Qwerty