Wow, sounds like a fairly big step, eh?

So, not being familiar w/ the "Apache Way" - what are the pros and cons vs. what you've been doing so far?

On Wed, 2006-07-26 at 18:03 -0700, Igor Vaynberg wrote:
dear community,

the core wicket team has decided to join the ASF and make wicket a top level apache project (wicket.apache.org)

to those unfamiliar with the game, it goes something like this:

* the wicket team puts in a proposal to ASF ( http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/WicketProposal )

* the apache powers that be vote on whether or not they want wicket in the ASF ( need 3 +1 and 0 -1 )

* if the vote passes wicket will enter the apache incubator and our infrastructure will move to incubator.apache.org. we will have website, SVN, jira, and confluence.

* when wicket is ready to graduate it will move to a top level apache project next to struts/tapestry/etc and our infrastructure will move to apache.org (wicket.apache.org)

if you are interested please read the proposal, it outlines what we hope to give and get from the ASF.

if you have any concerns or thoughts this would be a good time to have a discussion

-Igor

PS. im hoping apache mailing lists dont have outages as often as sf.net. im sending this on 7/26 6pm PST, lets see when it gets to you... :)