Someone suggested the below solution to me. Going to give it a try. If it
didn't work, I'll have to look somewhere else for another server.

One way to solve the classloader issue is by reverting the JBoss
configuration to the old classloading model.
Edit the file
<jboss>/server/default/jbossweb-tomcat55.sar/META-INF/jboss-service.xml
Change the following lines:
<attribute name="Java2ClassLoadingCompliance">true</attribute>
<attribute name="UseJBossWebLoader">true</attribute>
(both are default set to false in jboss-4.0.2).