and we are using jWebUnit in wicket-examples for in-container tests.
Though the tests are quite simple.

Wicket-Bench (eclipse IDE) support Selenium (http://www.openqa.org/selenium/)

Performance tests: we deliver a servlet filter (either in the core or
extension project) which provides response times etc.

See wicket-examples and the "information" page which provides some
insight into session and memory usage.

I'm sure there are more possibilities and a kind of (may be MBean
based) console would be great. Including clearing internal caches etc.
Ideas and contributions are more than welcome.

Juergen