And remember to use the latest version. We had problems with jmeter slaves crashing too soon (couldn't even get them to overload the server ;))

Second that. I had the best experiences with JMeter. It can be a bit
weird when you start out, but if you follow this tutorial:
http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-07-2005/jw-0711-jmeter-p2.html
you'll be up and running in no time.

Eelco