I followed your first advice and finally figure what it was (I was using
autoboxing, which it seems Wicket is not aware of). The problem was
difficult to find because it interfered with another problem (added a DO
and forgot to implement Serializable).

One should never make several changes without testing between each of them!

Thanks a lot!