if you look in wicket.settings package you will see all the setting
interfaces. wicket has /a lot/ of options you can configure and having
them in a single object is overwhelming. just look at Settings in the
same package - this is the aggregate all interfaces point to - its
insane. the idea was to compartmentalize settings into units that will
make it easier for users to find - so if you want to change something
related to markup such as stripping wicket tags you just do
getMarkupSettings(). and your ide will show you all settings related
to markup.