you cannot update listview directly because
a) listview itself has no markup - it lets the children use its markup
b) you cannot update tr/tbody/etc tags via outerhtml which is what we do and when you try you get the very helpful runtime error

you have to create a markupcontainer around the listview that is preferrably attached to the table tag and update that instead.

-Igor