On 8/10/06, spencer.c <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I have an app that I've created for testing purposes.  There are two pages,
one is an index, the other a form.  If I fill out the form on the second
page, and redirect to the home page in the form submit method using the
following code:
setResponsePage(Index.class);
or
setResponsePage(Index.class, new PageParameters());
...then when I get to the home page, I have the following URL:
http://localhost:8081/test/app/home

this tells wicket to create a page for you given a page class and a map of parameters. in this case since wicket is in total control it can use a bookmarkable url like the one you see.

However, if I use the following code:
setResponsePage(new Index(new PageParameters()));
...then I get the following URL:
http://localhost:8081/test/app?wicket:interface=:2::

here you tell wicket to redirect to an /instance/ of a page, so wicket is not in control. you give it a page object with some internal state and tell it to go to it. a bookmarkable url cannot be used here because the page has arbitrary state that cannot be encoded into the url. so wicket puts the page instance into a pagemap and uses a url that you see above to reference it. in the url 2 stands for the pageid of the page in the pagemap.