It covers 1.2, and has some information about what 2.0 will add/change. So
there will definitively be a reason to also get Wicket in Action when it's
released - it will target 2.0 if I'm not wrong.

I have now read the first three chapters and am impressed, both by the book and
by Wicket. The more understanding you get, the more will Wickets elegance shine
on you. It's truly a beautiful framework.

The book provides exactly what has been missing in the Wicket documentation - a
thorough introduction and careful explanation of the basic things you really
must learn before Wicket becomes clear to you. Excellent work Kathrik! After
reading this book, the many Wiki items and the excellent JavaDocs will be your
friends forever. :-)

Per

On Wednesday, August 16, 2006, at 08:30AM, jan_bar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Hi and thanks for info. Which version of Wicket does it cover? 1.2?
>
>Jan
>

>"Per Ejeklint" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
>news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> Just want to inform that Apress have had problems with their
>> downloadable "beta books", but it's fixed. I just bought and
>> downloaded "Pro Wicket" <http://www.apress.com/book/bookDisplay.html?
>> bID=10189>, there are 9 chapters + appendix and intro available.
>> Looks very nice and will definitely be worth US$20 for me. So now I
>> will make a nice brew (tea) and dig in.
>>
>> Per

---
Per Ejeklint