* Juergen Donnerstag:

> Because URL querystrings will change, and because bookmarkable URLs
> are changed also, that means that some web browser bookmarks won't
> work anymore.

That is not likely to be true.  The bookmark will be eg:

/WicketTester/WicketTester?wicket:bookmarkablePage=:wicket.markup.html.basic.SimplePage_3

Instead of:

/WicketTester/WicketTester?wicket:bookmarkablePage=%3Awicket.markup.html.basic.SimplePage_3

That is exactly the same query string once decoded.  Both URLs are
equivalent.  So existing bookmarks will continue to work.

We  just have  to  decide  whether or  not  Wicket should  produce
standards-compliant and properly-encoded URLs.   If that is not an
option, the  patch can be  reworked to keep the  current behaviour
for bookmarkable URLs.
--
     Jean-Baptiste Quenot
aka  John Banana Qwerty