Hi,

I would like to see some sample too. In my opinion, the hierarchical model
sample should be part of the wicket samples. We can very easy partition our
pages into Panels, Borders and whatever, but what about models? They are not
so easy to use. I think that a set of possible solutions (model - best
practices) used by core Wicket developers may be of immense help.

Thank you, Jan

"Andre Matheus" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Could you please explain better the option 2?

If do you have an example it could be useful.

Thanks.
___
André Matheus

> Basically you have the choice between either:
> 1) using observers/ event listeners for notification much like you
> would probably do with swing;
> 2) use a hierarchal model that is shared between components so that
> any change in that model is automatically cascaded.
>
> 1) is probably more work and has the danger that it causes a domino
> effect letting you end up with a zillion listeners, but the advantage
> is that you don't need a foreign model and it is more loosely bound.
>
> My personal preference is usually 2). Not that this model hierarchy
> can be on the actual model objects as well as on the IModels
> themselves.
>
> Eelco

__
André Matheus