I have an authenticated session extending DefaultAuthenticatedSession.
This session authenticates the user against LDAP or DB.
My SignIn page does not persist the username and password.
This should imply a sign-in page displayed per session.

Indeed, if the browser is closed or SignOut page invalidates the session
a sign-in page is displayed.
However, if I restart Tomcat and the Browser remains open, no sign-in
page is displayed but instead my home page is displayed.

How does DefaultAuthenticatedSession know that the user is authenticated?

Thanks,
Nili