Tomcat serializes the session to disk when it is shut down properly.
When tomcat restarts, it deserializes previously running sessions and
has them available for continued use, so a restart of tomcat doesn't
invalidate the session.

Congratulations! You have created a restartable web application,
without loosing currently active users!

Martijn

On 8/24/06, Nili Adoram <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have an authenticated session extending DefaultAuthenticatedSession.
> This session authenticates the user against LDAP or DB.
> My SignIn page does not persist the username and password.
> This should imply a sign-in page displayed per session.
>
> Indeed, if the browser is closed or SignOut page invalidates the session
> a sign-in page is displayed.
> However, if I restart Tomcat and the Browser remains open, no sign-in
> page is displayed but instead my home page is displayed.
>
> How does DefaultAuthenticatedSession know that the user is authenticated?
>
> Thanks,
> Nili

Download Wicket 1.2.1 now! Embed Wicket components in your portals!
-- http://wicketframework.org