On 8/30/06, [EMAIL PROTECTED] Imam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Why dont you forward all these requests to a dummy page where
> you can take your decision making rather than depending on the
> authorization strategy solely.
>
> Inside the page you can handle requests such that the user is forwarded to a
> sign in page and after successful sign in he is taken to the original page
> he wanted to see.
>
> I had a similar problem I solved using a sign in form inside whose on-submit
> i did the validation and forwarded to the requested page

Thanks for the hints Shams. I ended up with something like this:

public abstract class MyAbstractAuthenticatedPage extends MyAbstractPage
{
    protected MyAbstractAuthenticatedPage()
    {
        super();

        if (getBeepSession() == null || getBeepSession().getUser() == null) {
            throw new RestartResponseAtInterceptPageException(new LogInPage());
        }
    }
}

public class MyProfilePage extends MyAbstractAuthenticatedPage
{
    public MyProfilePage()
    {
        super();

        ... do usual work here ...
    }
}

and then in LogInPage:

onSubmit()
{

    if (continueToOriginalDestination() == false) {
        setResponsePage(MyHomePage.class);
    }
}

Works excellent. I simply got rid of the whole IAuthorizationStrategy
code since that is not needed anymore for simple page protection like
this.

 S.