exactly. iauthstrategy is geared more towards declarative security and more towards components not pages. if your usecase does not match then doing the check in the base page's constructor is the way to go - clean and simple. thats why we have all those RestartResponseAtFoo exceptions :)

-Igor

On 8/30/06, Stefan Arentz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 8/30/06, [EMAIL PROTECTED] Imam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Why dont you forward all these requests to a dummy page where
> you can take your decision making rather than depending on the
> authorization strategy solely.
>
> Inside the page you can handle requests such that the user is forwarded to a
> sign in page and after successful sign in he is taken to the original page
> he wanted to see.
>
> I had a similar problem I solved using a sign in form inside whose on-submit
> i did the validation and forwarded to the requested page

Thanks for the hints Shams. I ended up with something like this:

public abstract class MyAbstractAuthenticatedPage extends MyAbstractPage
{
    protected MyAbstractAuthenticatedPage()
    {
        super();

        if (getBeepSession() == null || getBeepSession().getUser() == null) {
            throw new RestartResponseAtInterceptPageException(new LogInPage());
        }
    }
}

public class MyProfilePage extends MyAbstractAuthenticatedPage
{
    public MyProfilePage()
    {
        super();

        ... do usual work here ...
    }
}

and then in LogInPage:

onSubmit()
{

    if (continueToOriginalDestination() == false) {
        setResponsePage(MyHomePage.class);
    }
}

Works excellent. I simply got rid of the whole IAuthorizationStrategy
code since that is not needed anymore for simple page protection like
this.

S.