We imposed having to do initialization stuff in init() rather than the
constructor as unfortunately, this is the way servlets work. Init
parameters, the servlet context etc are not available in the
constructor yet (and neither in the constructor of a servlet) and as
changes are you'll use that, we decided to make it a hard check that
no configuration is done in the constructor. On top of that, we can
now ensure default configuration first (internalInit) so that you
don't have to be aware of order problems when you configure.