I eventually figured where the problem was: in IE6, scripts that are
contained in Ajax responses seems not to be executed. If I place the
script in a component that is loaded normally (not through Ajax),
everthing is OK.

Is this problem a known issue with IE6 ?

In fact, I noticed some other strange behavior: If I place some HTML
code that is to produce a Wicket error, such as <wicket:head> inside a
<wicket:panel>, no error is detected if this code is loaded through
Ajax. Only if I reload the page (so that everything is loaded normally)
is the error detected.

Pierre-Yves