this is a browser issue more then anything. it is prety difficult to get scripts loaded through ajax to execute. this will be fixed in 1.3 and is already implemented in 2.0 with lots of sweat and pain.

meanwhile if you want wicket to execute some _javascript_ you can use ajaxtarget.addjavascript(), dont know if it helps your usecase.

-Igor