That sounds good.

The main component that I think is needed is one that allow the user to
create rich documents. There are already many solutions for this, but
they are generally not well integrated. (By rich documents, I mean rich
text + images + minimal layout). Images are an important problem because
they must probably be processed in several ways, such as downsampling to
optimize storage space. For rich text, we have used APT format, which is
a minimal acceptable solution, and XDOC which is much better for a
programmer but would need a front end for end users.

The next need would be a way to mark the documents with different
status, and a user hierarchy management system that would allow to
manage user rights to:

read
write
edit
publish
unpublish
etc.

Version tracking is also something that is desirable, although less
important.

Other functionnlities I can think of are

Manage list of users that subscribe to receive mail about different
events (new document, change in document status, etc).

Calendar and the possibility to program events in advance, such as
document publication or unpublication.

Availability of some content through RSS or web services

Statistics about the application use...

Of course, i18n and styling is mandatory, but this comes for free with
Wicket ;-)

Pierre-Yves