here is a sample of what i was doing, ( i don't have my code infront of me but i'll try to be close)
new BookmarkableLink(new MyPage())

class MyPage
public MyPage()
{
List options =DbUtil.getData()
List selected = new ArrayList()
add(new Palette("palette",new Model(selected),new Mode(options)...)
}

so if I have new bookmarkable link in a table wicket will go to the database and get data for every row of the table, instead of only getting the one set of data when you click the link.

Hope this clearifize my problem