Hi Stefan,

wicket is nicely set up as a Maven multi module projekt and the parent
of all modules may be found in wicket-parent.
Build instructions may be found there:
https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/wicket/trunk/wicket-parent/README.TXT

mvn -Pjdk1.4 clean install
should install the Java 1.4 specific modules and
mvn -Pjdk1.5 clean install
the Java 5 modules.

Have fun,

Martin