In my application, I created an abstract base form (BaseForm.java)
which declares this method:

 public void setResponse(byte[] filedata, String filename)

All of my form classes extend the BaseForm class.

Here's my code:

http://oscon2006.sourceforge.net/xref/oscon2006/web/BaseForm.html

http://oscon2006.sourceforge.net/xref/oscon2006/web/DatabaseQueryForm.html

Cheers,