Just thinking out loud:

the modal window knows its z-index. can't we put an extra div (or
span) inside that elevates all components inside to have
newModalWindow.z-index + 1?

As the modal window is displayed we use javascript. It wouldn't be
hard I suspect to change the z-index of the inner span?

Martijn

On 9/24/06, samyem <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks. I've fixed the z-index problem in my app by manually resetting the
> z-index in my HTML, thus overriding the default values set by the
> components. So hopefully now everything will run smoothly.
>
> Thanks for the fix again,
> Samyem
>

> Matej Knopp wrote:
> >
> > The fix is in svn. (both 1.x and 2.0)
> > DatePicker in modal window panel now works, although the issue with
> > z-index still remains. As a side effect this also fixes the component
> > use check for components that render into head, so calling
> > getDebugSettings().setComponentUseCheck(false) in application#init is no
> > longer necessary.
> >
> > I'd appreciate if everyone who has issues with header contribution test
> > it with current svn. The more bugs we nail down the better! :)
> >
> > -Matej
> >
> > Matej Knopp wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> It indeed is problem with modal window. Or, better said, with
> >> AjaxRequestTarget. I've tried to put date picker to modal window, and it
> >> didn't work. The reason is that component is not attached when rendering
> >> it's header contribution from AjaxRequestTarget. I've tried to refactor
> >> AjaxRequestTarget a bit to call responseComponent first, and that way it
> >> worked (of course the problem with date picker having lower z order than
> >> modal window is still there).
> >>
> >> Anyway, to fix this, we have to refactor AjaxRequestTarget to render
> >> component prior rendering the header contribution (although in response
> >> these should be reversed, e.g. header contribution before component
> >> body). And the header contribution should be rendered between
> >> page.startComponentRender(component) and
> >> page.endComponentRender(component);
> >>
> >> -Matej

Download Wicket 1.2.2 now! New Ajax components: Tree, TreeTable and ModalWindow
-- http://wicketframework.org