whats with all the exclamation marks? :)

as i said - you need to submit the value - it is just how http works. if it is selected by default then it will be validated on submit and form processing will be halted - but your validator should call error() not info() in order to halt the form processing.

if you want something instanteneous that doesnt submit the value then use _javascript_.

-Igor