Wicket will search all resource files with the names equal to the
components in your component hierarchy, with your application as a last
resort (as Martin shows in his e-mail).

So for a MyApplication, with a MyPage containing a MyPanel Wicket will
look in:
1. MyPanel.properties (and _locale variants)
2. MyPage.properties (..)
3. MyApplication.properties (..)

Actually, it even goes two steps further. Wicket will also look at
property files for the base classes of MyPanel, MyPage and
MyApplication. Secondly you can have different styles and variants.

      Erik.

Carfield Yim schreef:
> Thanks for pointing out this, this is very useful. However according to
>
> http://wicketframework.org/wicket-1.1/apidocs/wicket/WicketMessageResolver.html
>
> Look like if for page class MyPage.class, then it will use the bundle
> define at MyPage_[locate].properties, right?
>
> However, I guess most people like to put all bundles key value pair in
> single properties file so that it is easier to reuse and translate. I
> believe this can be done in wicket, anyone know how?
>

> On 11/1/06, Erik van Oosten <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Hi Carfield,
>>
>> There is also the <wicket:message> tag.
>>
>> I am trying to find documentation on the wiki but I failed. I guess
>> you'll have to google for it.
>>
>>      Erik.
>>
>> Carfield Yim schreef:
>>
>>> Have read these two page:
>>>
>>> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WICKET/General+i18n+in+Wicket
>>> http://www.wicket-wiki.org.uk/wiki/index.php/I18n_in_Wicket
>>>
>>> Look like I have 2 options:
>>> 1) Have a of of <span wicket:id=xxx></span> at HTML and fill all those
>>> 2) Have a lot of MyPage_[locate].html .
>>>
>>> Sound like both are not very ideal, as 1) need programmer add a long
>>> list of labels at java code, and 2) need designer keep multiple copy
>>> of HTML in sync manually.
>>>
>>> I just wonder if I have just have HTML template like

>>>         {label.message_to_user}
>>>
>>> Then wicket will look it up from bundle without the programmer fill a
>>> long list of <span> component?
>>>
>> --
>> Erik van Oosten
>> http://www.day-to-day-stuff.blogspot.com/