thats is exactly how swing works
I have always find the wicket borders counter intuitive . (border contains/has components instead of a component has a border)

But i don't say lets replace the current border thing.

But maybe add IComponentBorder to wicket 2.0

And yes if you then want to wrap multiply components then you have to do it like swing, add first those in a markup container/panel

johan

i like how borders work. borders can contain multiple components, with your way it can only contain one. so maybe you introduce a ComponentBorder or some such

-igor

if you just want <div> around the button MyButton
you can use a border i guess (i don't like the current borders to much i would like to
make them like swing borders....)

but

Button myButton = new Button("myButton")
{
        protected void onRender(MarkupStream stream)
       {
                  getResponse().write("<div class="foo">");
                  super.onRender(stream);
                  getResponse().write("</div>");

Thats how borders should work i guess

What i would like to have is: