I am using the AjaxRequestTarget.prependJavaScript method to apply an Effect
to an element before it gets replaced by the Ajax call. The problem is that
the Ajax replacement occurs before the animation code for the effect has a
chance to complete, making the effect unnoticable. My event handler code
looks like this:

            protected void onEvent(final AjaxRequestTarget target)
            {
                testLabel.setModelObject("New Label Text");
                target.prependJavascript("new Effect.BlindUp('" +
testLabel.getMarkupId() + "');");
                target.addComponent(testLabel);
            }

Is this a bug or is there something I am missing?

-MT