Hi,

I was thinking that more option can be added to the official wicket-spring
integration documentation.  Something like this:

1) normal wicket servlet config in web.xml, with applicationClassName
init-param

2) Application class uses Spring API to get hold of dependency like this:

class MyApplication extends WebApplication {
  private ContactDao dao;
  public ContactDao getContactDao() { return dao; }

  public void init() {
      ServletContext sc = getWicketServlet().getServletContext();
      dao = (ContactDao)
WebApplicationContextUtils.getWebApplicationContext
(sc).getBean("contactDao");

3) Have all pages / components extend BasePage that has a getContactDao()
method - exactly like the first option in the wicket-spring wiki
documentation here: http://www.wicket-wiki.org.uk/wiki/index.php/Spring

I understand the risk of running into the serialization problem and also
that this may be considered not-so-elegant because of using the Spring API
directly without any dependency injection.  But I want to mention my
experience, I spent a lot of time going through the existing documentation
agonizing over which option to choose.  Trying to understand all the
options, lazy proxies etc was a little daunting for a spring fan like me.

In my case I just have one clean dependency and finally it was so easy to do
it as suggested above.  I also don't need the wicket-spring jar at all.  Are
there any other compelling reasons for using the wicket-spring lib?  Is the
suggested approach fine for small projects who want to hook into Spring
quickly?

Another thing - I initially tried to use wicket-spring-annot and Maven 2
complained with this error:

========

[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

GroupId: wicket
ArtifactId: wicket-parent
Version: 1.2-SNAPSHOT

 wicket:wicket-parent:pom:1.2-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
 central ( http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)

=========

I think the reason is because the wicket-spring-annot-1.2.4.pom incorrectly
refers to 1.2-SNAPSHOT version for wicket-parent.  The url of the offending
file in the maven repository is this:

http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/wicket/wicket-spring-annot/1.2.4/wicket-spring-annot-1.2.4.pom

Let me know if I need to log an issue or something.

Thanks,

Peter.