Thanks Mats, I totally agree that that is a pretty clean option.  This does
mean that you have to include wicket-spring and wicket-spring-annot though -
which I avoided.

I am trying to figure if the alternate approach is workable and then I do
feel it is worth adding to the wiki.  Also it may be more appealing to those
folks who are anti-annotations.  (yes such people exist :)

Regards,

Peter.